Key stakeholders: PCH, Foundation, Friends of LAC
Chief of Staff
Director, Stakeholder Relation and International Affairs
- Provides support and strategic advice on policy-related stakeholder meetings, incoming international delegations, and visits abroad (agendas, logistics).
- Plans and supports meetings of the Stakeholders’ Forum; National, Provincial and Territorial Archivists Conference; and the Youth Advisory Council.
- On international policy files, ensures liaison with key stakeholders, including Global Affairs Canada and Canadian Heritage (PCH).
Director, Strategic Research and Policy
- Develops, reviews and provides advice on strategic policy instruments and horizontal issues.
- Conducts strategic research to support LAC units.
- Manages and coordinates legal consultations and issues.
- Manages strategic partner relations (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums [GLAM]; universities; policy and research communities).
- Manages the administrative staff and the Human Resources and financial planning of the Corporate Secretariat and Office of the Librarian and Archivist (OLA).
- Ensures liaison and coordination with OLA and sectors on corporate matters.
- Ensures efficient use of information systems in information management and operations that support OLA.
Director, Governance, Liason and Partnerships
- Manages LAC’s grants and contributions program.
- Develops partnership agreements.
- Provides strategic and logistical support to governance committees and strategic events.
- Ensures liaison with PCH (Question Period notes, ministerial correspondence), central agencies (corporate reporting), and other government departments, as needed.
View Corporate Secretariat Sector Organization Chart