Learn about searching the Canadian Library Directory to find contact, interlibrary loan (ILL), and copy service information about other libraries.
Search by Canadian Library Symbol
- Use the "Search by Canadian Library Symbol" box at the top of the page
- Enter one or more Canadian Library Symbols (separate each symbol with a space)
- Click the "Search" button to the right
Search by OCLC symbol, library name, or city
- Use the box called "Search by OCLC symbol, library name, or city"
- Enter your keywords
- Search all fields or choose a specific one from the dropdown list to the right
- Keywords are automatically truncated (for example, the word “green” will retrieve "Greenwood" and "Green Lake")
- Choose ILL types, library type and province or territory to make your search more precise (optional)
Search by interlibrary loan policy
- Under the main search box, enter a checkmark in all the boxes that describe the ILL type that you are looking for
- Choose a library type from the drop down list (optional)
- Choose a province or territory (optional)
Changing the display of search results
Search results are sorted by relevance. You may change the sort order of the listings by clicking on a column heading. For example, to sort by province or territory, click on the heading "province."
firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help or more information.