Listing of the various Information Management guides produced by Library and Archives Canada in support of information management by Government of Canada employees.
- Procedures for the Transfer of Unpublished Information Resources of Enduring Value from Government of Canada Institutions to Library and Archives Canada
Guidance for federal institutions on how to prepare records for transfer to the custody of Library and Archives Canada.
- Guidelines on File Formats for Transferring Information Resources of Enduring Value
These Guidelines provide advice on the digital file formats to be used when transferring information resources of enduring value (IREV) to Library and Archives Canada (LAC).
- Guidelines for Access to Personnel Files of Former Federal Public Servants
These guidelines provide the necessary direction for requesting files from the Central Canada Regional Service Centre of Library and Archives Canada.
- Managing Documentary Art Records in the Government of Canada
Documentary art records are drawings, paintings, prints, medals, seals, heraldic devices, posters, reproductions or caricatures that document Canadian history, government and social development. Documentary art records also include objects considered as ephemera, such as trading cards, postcards, greeting cards, flyers, buttons and lapel pins.
- Guidelines on Managing Records in a Minister’s Office [PDF 188 KB]
This tool, which includes the most recent information on recordkeeping, provides advice for ministers and their staff to help them manage the records that they create and retain.