Due to evolving COVID-19 restrictions, this page may contain outdated information. For the most up-to-date information on the in-person and online services available, or to book your visit, see
Keeping you safe during your visit.
Halifax, Winnipeg and Vancouver
A limited part of our collection can be accessed at the Winnipeg and Vancouver public service points, and research support is provided at the Halifax public service point. For details about these locations, see
Service Points Outside of Ottawa.
Our Ottawa service point is the place to access most of our physical collection.
Book your visit in Ottawa (limited availability, subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
395 Wellington Street
Ottawa ON K1A 0N4
- Access ramp in the front
- Automatic door openers in all areas open to the public
- Two elevators providing access to all areas open to the public
- Evacuation chairs designed for people with disabilities that allow them, with the help of staff, to use the stairs in an emergency
- Wheelchair-accessible pay phones on the ground, second and third floors
- Accessible public washrooms for people with disabilities
- Computerized workstations available for people with disabilities (adjustable table and large screen)
- Computerized workstations available to people with a visual impairment (Magic screen enlarger and Jaws software; Braille keyboard available on request)
- Magnifying glass available on request
- Viewers capable of enlarging characters of books and microfiches for people with visual impairments
Public Transit, Parking and Lodging
Public Transit in Ottawa and Gatineau
Our building at 395 Wellington Street is a five-minute walk from Lyon Station on the O-Train’s Confederation Line (Line 1). Bus stops for both the City of Ottawa's
OC Transpo and the City of Gatineau's
STO are within walking distance of 395 Wellington Street.
With OC Transpo, you can take the Line 1 of the O-Train, or buses serving downtown Ottawa.
1500 St. Laurent Blvd.
Ottawa ON K1G 0Z8
Telephone: 613-741-4390 (bus routes and fares)
With the STO, you can take any bus travelling on Wellington Street in Ottawa.
Société de transport de l'Outaouais
111 Jean-Proulx St.
Gatineau QC J8Z 1T4
Telephone: 819-770-3242 (bus routes and fares)
Paratransit Services in Ottawa and Gatineau
Paratransit services are provided by the City of Ottawa's OC Transpo and the City of Gatineau's STO public transit systems.
Parking in Ottawa
A paid parking lot is located at 395 Wellington Street, Ottawa, on the west side of the building.
- Some parking spots are reserved for persons with disabilities who have the necessary permit.
There are also paid public parking lots and metered street parking nearby.
Lodging in Ottawa and Gatineau
There are several hotels, inns and bed-and-breakfasts near our main building at
395 Wellington Street.
If you are planning a stay in Canada's National Capital Region and want more information, please contact: