Since June 3, it is once again possible to order copies online. Please note that processing times may exceed service standards and that rush service is not available at this time. For the latest updates, visit the
Keeping you safe during your visit webpage.
Step 1. Overview
You may use this form to buy copies of material from the collection of Library and Archives Canada (LAC) such as:
- archival records (including Personnel Records of the First World War and Service Files of the Second World War - War Dead, 1939-1947)
- published material (such as books, magazines, theses, microforms)
- stamp-related (philatelic) documents
- sound recordings
To request copies of the records below, you must use the access to information and privacy forms:
- personnel files of former civilian federal employees
- military service files of former members of the Canadian Armed Forces after 1919
- restricted archival records of federal government institutions
- current business records of LAC
You may not be able to view or make copies of some material from LAC's collection. Learn about the
restrictions on viewing and copying material.
You may make copies yourself when you are
visiting LAC in Ottawa. For material that is held in
Winnipeg, you must request copies directly from those offices.