As of April 2nd, we are not accepting new copy service requests until further notice. We will process previously submitted requests before this date. However, delays beyond our usual service standards should be expected. To learn about the latest updates visit Reopening Library and Archives Canada.
Step 1. Overview
You may use this form to buy copies of material from the collection of Library and Archives Canada (LAC) such as:
- archival records
- published material (such as books, magazines, theses, microforms)
- stamp-related (philatelic) documents
- sound recordings
These records must be requested using the
access to information and privacy forms:
- personnel files of former civilian federal employees
- military service files of former members of the Canadian Armed Forces after 1919
- restricted archival records of federal government institutions
- current business records of LAC
You may not be able to view or make copies of some material from LAC's collection. Learn about the
restrictions on viewing and copying material.
You may make copies yourself when you are
visiting LAC in Ottawa. For material that is held in
Winnipeg, you must request copies directly from those offices.