Effective September 1, 2017
The unit cost includes a service charge of 20% for Library and Archives Canada to produce print masters and for other work involved in preparing the material for copying. A surcharge of 100% will be charged for rush services. Applicable taxes will be added to the total cost. Orders mailed outside Canada are tax exempt.
- Digital audio file formats available upon request (WAV, AIFF, MP3, etc.)
File transfer / upload
Upload to Dropbox/FTP
- $59.95 (up to a maximum file size of 10GB)
Transfer to USB Flash Drive or External Hard Drive*
- $65.00 per hour of transfer time
*Plus cost of storage device, unless one is provided by client.
Service standards and terms and conditions—audio reproduction
The following factors affect the time it takes to process an order:
- the number of items ordered
- the need to search for additional information
- the workload
Please submit your request well in advance of your deadline or choose the rush service.
For copied material (when a consultation copy exists, i.e., documents with a copy number starting with A1 or digital files ending with .mp3), the processing time is approximately six weeks from receipt of request. For uncopied material, the processing time is approximately 10 weeks.
Orders are processed within 10 working days of receipt. Rush service applies only if all of the following conditions are met:
- the reference number is provided
- a consultation copy exists and the copy number starts with A1, or the digital file name ends with .mp3, and is indicated on the request
- the copyright status and access restrictions have been established
- access and copying restrictions do not apply or a letter of permission is included with the order
- no more than five items are ordered
- the requested documents are available
- "Rush service" is indicated on your request
- consent to pay the additional surcharge of 100% is indicated on the request
Shipping and handling
All orders will be shipped via Xpresspost (Canada Post) unless an alternate method of delivery is indicated on the order (e.g., courier air or courier ground services). Shipping will be charged according to the method of delivery, the weight and the destination.
Method of payment
Library and Archives Canada does not accept direct payments from clients for audiovisual document reprography requests. Payment must be made to our supplier Baseline Communications Inc., who will send you an invoice by email or contact you by phone to obtain payment information. The order will be processed once the payment is received.
Services are contracted out to private companies; however, all orders for reproductions must be addressed directly to Library and Archives Canada and not to the supplier.
Library and Archives Canada contracts out to the following company:
Baseline Communications Inc.
11 Friendly Crescent
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Toll Free: 1-877-529-0696
To send your order
Complete the online Order Form for Reproductions.