Library and Archives Canada has been in spring cleaning mode! We have dusted off some web content and moved it to better locations.
Recently added to Collection Search
We are continually adding functionalities and datasets to
Collection Search. Our goal is to offer an easy and efficient method to search our collection items from a single starting point. Collection Search will ultimately hold the complete content of more than 100 databases that can currently be searched individually on our website.
The following databases will remain available in their original locations, but they will be removed from the web eventually. Their full content can now be found in Collection Search.
- Citizenship Registration, Montreal Circuit Court (1851–1945)
- Indian Reserves – Western Canada
- Immigrants before 1865
- Immigrants from the Russian Empire (1898–1922)
- Treaties, Surrenders and Agreements
- Ship Registrations
The following online exhibitions are no longer available. However, the fully digitized content can be found in Collection Search.
A Nation's Chronicle: The Canada Gazette (1841–1997).
Visit the Canada Gazette search help page.
Sir John A. Macdonald, Canada's Patriot Statesman. In Collection Search, select
Advanced search, then choose Database: Collections and Fonds; under subsets, you will find the Sir John A. Macdonald records.
Moved to Aurora
We have also moved some of our digitized content to
Aurora, LAC’s catalogue of its published collection.
- The online exhibition
Bon Appétit! – A celebration of Canadian cookbooks, which contained the recipes of two 19-century cookbooks, can now be found at these links:
Royal Commission on National Development in the Arts, Letters and Sciences, you will find the following:
- the fully digitized complete texts of the
Report of the Royal Commission on National Development in the Arts, Letters, and Sciences
- the Ottawa: King's Printer, 1951 report
- select digitized briefs, which were submitted to the commission in 1949 and 1950
Web content deleted
Content that is deemed redundant or outdated is being removed from the web. This is the case for the following:
- First Among Equals: The Prime Minister in Canadian Life and Politics
- First Among Equals – Kids
- Library Associations in Canada – Music Archives at the National Library of Canada: A Guide
- Canadian Confederation
- Prime Ministers’ Biographies
- War of 1812
- Canadian Poetry Archive
website cleaning and redesigning is moving forward, and more content will be moved, repurposed or deleted. We will be keeping you informed every step of the way.