Starting on January 4, 2022, Library and Archives Canada’s service offerings at our Ottawa service point will gradually increase to include the following:
- All collections will now be accessible, including photos, art, maps and plans, audiovisual material, literary and music fonds, preservation collection, rare books, and photo index cards.
- The Textual Consultation Room (3rd floor) will now be open four days a week (Tuesday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.).
- The Special Collections Consultation Room (3rd floor) will be open on Wednesdays, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Exceptionally, reservations to consult the collections and resources at 395 Wellington Street in Ottawa during the week of January 4, 2022, can be made as of December 13, 2021 (three weeks in advance, rather than the usual two).
Here are more details about the reservation schedule for the next few weeks:
- Beginning on December 20, 2021, time slots will be available to reserve for the weeks of January 10 and 17, 2022.
- Due to the holiday season, no new appointments will be available on the following two Mondays: December 27, 2021, and January 3, 2022.
- The regular reservation schedule (two weeks in advance) will resume on January 10, 2022.
To save your seat, please consult the Book your visit in Ottawa web page.
Visit our Reopening Library and Archives Canada web page for a complete overview of services available and region-specific details.