The TD Summer Reading Club (TD SRC) is Canada's biggest, bilingual summer reading program for kids of all ages, interests and abilities. Co-created and delivered by over 2,000 libraries across Canada, this free national program is developed by the Toronto Public Library in partnership with Library and Archives Canada. Sponsorship is provided by TD Bank Group.
Since 2007, the Library Awards have been given to recognize and reward the most innovative and effective TD SRC programs run by public libraries across Canada, in both English and in French.
Here are the 2019 TD SRC Library Award winners:
The first prize ($8,000) winners are:
- Shelburne Public Library, Ontario
- Pointe-Claire Public Library, Quebec
The second prize ($4,000) winners are:
- Timmins Public Library, Ontario
- Sainte-Catherine Public Library, Quebec
The third prize ($2,000) winners are:
- Scugog Memorial Public Library, Ontario
- Trois-Rivières Libraries, Quebec
Libraries that earned an honourable mention are:
- Melville Public Library, Saskatchewan
- Penhold & District Library, Alberta
- Wawa Public Library, Ontario
- Mercier Library, Quebec
- Gatineau Public Library, Quebec
- Alfred Plantagenet Public Library, Ontario
The winner of the Accessibility Award offered by the Centre for Equitable Library Access is:
- Moose Jaw Public Library, Saskatchewan
Congratulations to all recipients and participating libraries across the country!
For more information about the Club and the 2020 summer program, visit the TD Summer Reading Club website.