The Globe and Mail, Dec. 15, 1959
- 4 envelopes unflavoured gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cans (20 oz each) tomato juice
- 2/3 cup finely shredded raw carrot
- 1/2 cup very finely shredded celery
- 3 chopped hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 3/4 cup canned green peas
- Combine gelatine and cold water in bowl. Let stand 5 mins to soften.
- Bring tomato juice to a boil. Remove from heat and add gelatine, stir until dissolved.
- Chill until mixture begins to set slightly.
- Rinse mold with cold water.
- Add vegetables and eggs to gelatine mixture.
- Turn into prepared mold. Chill until firm.
- Unmold on a bed of greens for serving.