Item number (ISN):
General access conditions for collection
- with written permission of copyright owner : with permission of donor
- 1. These films had been given to C.W. Woodley.
The Courriers T.M.C.
- R.W. Williamson, Jack Grassick and Charles Woodley (Photographers)
- photography, R.W. Williamson; Jack Grassick; Charles Woodley
R.W. Williamson, Jack Grassick, Charles Woodley
- Film made for screening at the annual banquet of the Toronto Movie Club held at Casa Loma.
- Film shows: cars; R.W. "Ted" Williamson's car; train; two men (Charles Woodley and Jack Grassick) running on platform at the Sunnyside station; they run to the car, one carrying a small suitcase, and get in; the car, with Williamson driving, the car races through the streets; the men look through the suitcase and discover that it contains clothing; the car turns around; apparently the men have picked up the wrong suitcase; scenes of Toronto automobile traffic intercut with scenes of the train (train apparently heading to Union Station); scenes of downtown Toronto streets; car stops for train shunting across road; car just misses a pedestrian (for the second time); car near the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE); the car races to Union Station; scenes of the car driving around to the front entrance of Union Station; the two men race into the station; woman (played by relative of Charles Woodley) with a suitcase; the woman goes into a phone booth and leaves the suitcase outside the booth; the two men switch the suitcases and race back to the car; point-of-view scenes of the car driving up Bay Street to the old Toronto City Hall; Queen's Park; car needs gasoline; Woodley runs with a can to a gas pump, fills it up and puts gas into car; car drives off; car drives up to Casa Loma and the two men race into the building with the case. The film is complete, despite the abrupt ending. End title is on colour stock.
- 1. At the conclusion of the screening, which shows Woodley and Grassick at the entrance to Casa Loma, Woodley and Grassick ran into the banquet hall with the suitcase and the banquet proceedings continued.
DSINTRNL - 357226