Item number (ISN):
WOODLEY, Charles Devenish
General access conditions for collection
- With written permissions / Avec les permissions écrites
My Entry : Movie Contest
- Charles Devenish Woodley (Photography)
- photography/editing/scenario, Charles Devenish Woodley
- This film shows Charles Devenish Woodley making a film. He is typing something while his small sons watch. Mrs. Woodley comes along and they sit, posing for the camera as Woodley sets up the shot. The scene cuts from the family group to Woodley. Next is a close-up of an electrical cord being pulled away from the outlet and the scene goes dark. One of the Woodley boys opens a door marked dark room. Woodley is inside, removing dried film from a large drum after developing it. He then shows his son how to splice the film. Next, one of his sons rides down the street on his bicycle, holding a film box. He drops the film next to a puddle. The family dog, running along behind, picks up the box. The scene cuts to the boy and to the dog bringing the film box to him. Close-up of the boy trying to jam the film box in the slot of the mailbox. He takes a hammer to push the film in. Next the judges, played by two elderly Woodley family aunts, examine the film. <3mn 25s>
- Copyright owner: Estate of Charles Devenish Woodley.
Restrictions on Consultation:
No Restrictions / Pas de restrictions
- 1. Identification of the footage completed with the assistance of Bill Woodley, son of Charles Devenish Woodley.
- 2. Source of title: label on film box.
- 3. Film box is addressed to Associated Screen News, 2000 Northcliffe, Montreal, from C.D. Woodley, 76 Pearl Street. Other side of box is labelled Amateur Movie Maker and the date stamp is October 1948.
DSINTRNL - 352277