Item number (ISN):
WOODLEY, Charles Devenish
General access conditions for collection
- With written permissions / Avec les permissions écrites
Boys At the CNE or Where's Lorne
- Charles Devenish Woodley (Photographer)
- photography/editing/scenario, Charles Devenish Woodley
- Film about three little boys, played by Doug, Bill and Lorne Woodley, the sons of Charles Devenish Woodley, visiting the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto on a sunny day. It shows: man with the children; air show; the littlest boy (Lorne) running on the grounds; majorettes; crowds; more scenes of the three boys as they explore the fairgrounds; war veteran wearing medals visible in crowd; small parade as crowd looks on; marching band; close-up of marching feet; pipe band; ferris wheel in distance; various CNE buildings and food concession stands; hamburger stand; close-up of the boys eating foot-long hotdogs; boys walking past directory sign showing directions to various buildings; intertitle “Where’s Lorne”; boys sit in front of a No Parking sign; close-up of the boy’s feet and socks as they give their feet a rest; Lorne runs through the crowds as his older brothers chase him; they catch up to him and take him by the hand; next a police officer talks to Lorne; the boys go to the Lost Children’s Pavilion in search of Lorne and they find him at a playground; crowds watching speedboat races on Lake Ontario; close-up of the children; views of buildings in the distance; horticulture building; bandshell; sign for RCAF flying display; planes flying over Lake Ontario as crowds watch; plumes of water rise as objects are fired into the water; more scenes of activity at the bandshell; crowd of people on an open-air streetcar; children on train ride; scenes of food at the fair; the children having a picnic; crowds; boys carrying shopping bags; ping pong game; midway scenes; ferris wheel; signs on buildings such as Honey Dew and Whiz Bang; man diving into a tank; people doing trick dives and comical dives; log roller running on log in water, with a dog doing the same beside him; more scenes of people diving; various rides shown; sign for a freak show; boys look in funhouse mirror; the Bullet ride; more scenes of the children walking around; children among crowd walking toward the Princess Gate; and sign for Motor Show. <20mn>
- Silent with English intertitles
- copyright owner : estate of Charles Devenish Woodley
Restrictions on Consultation:
No Restrictions / Pas de restrictions
- 1. Identification of the footage completed with the assistance of Bill Woodley, son of Charles Devenish Woodley.
- 2. Source of title: head title on screen.
- 3. Possibly shot on Warrior's Day.
DSINTRNL - 352268