The exhibition we invite you to explore describes the adventure of New France, from the first voyages of discovery, to the end of the French Regime. It is comprised of 350 archival documents arranged under 12 themes. The manuscripts, printed material, maps and charts, plans, portraits, engravings, and medals have been chosen for their visual and illustrative quality, their emotional impact, and their relevance.
The exhibition themes
- The circumstances upon leaving
- The crossing
- The exploration of new territories
- Contact with Aboriginal peoples
- The seigneurial system
- The establishment of towns and forts
- Daily Life
- Everyday life in the colony
- The institutions
- The economy
- The role of the Church
- Armed conflict
- The changeover of European control, the deportation of the Acadians, and the English conquest
To report a problem or make a suggestion, please take a moment to give us your feedback.