The mandate of the Stakeholders' Forum is:
- To engage its members in early discussions of Library and Archives Canada’s (LAC) strategic, policy and operational directions;
- To facilitate exchange of information among members, and between members and LAC; and
- To serve as a mechanism to test ideas and to identify opportunities to collaborate in areas of mutual interest and benefit.
Consult LAC’s approach to engaging with national stakeholders.
The members of the Stakeholders' Forum represent the diverse expertise and perspectives of Canada's documentary heritage associations and other organizations. Each organization can have a maximum of two representatives participate in Forum meetings, either the president or chairperson, and/or the Executive Director.
The Forum is chaired by the Librarian and Archivist of Canada, and secretariat support is provided by LAC.
- Library and Archives Canada
- Association des archivistes du Québec
- Association of Canadian Archivists
- Canadian Association of Research Libraries
- Canadian Council of Archives
- Canadian Federation of Library Associations
- Canadian Historical Association
- Canadian Museums Association
- Canadian Urban Libraries Council
- Council of Provincial and Territorial Archivists
- Fédération des milieux documentaires (formerly known as Association pour l'avancement des sciences et des techniques de la documentation)
- Ontario Library Association
- Provincial and Territorial Public Library Council
The forum meets three times annually–twice in-person, and once by teleconference.
Should you have questions or comments, please contact us at: email@example.com.