How to improve your funding application
Past recipients and Library and Archives Canada (LAC) subject matter advisors have these recommendations.
- Write short, clear paragraphs especially for the Project Description and Expected Results, avoiding repetition
- Visit Search Government Grants and Contributions (select Library and Archives Canada in the organization search filter) and Other resources for examples
- Clearly match your objectives to the Program objectives showing how your project supports one or both objectives
- Explain how your project fills a specific need in your local documentary heritage community
- Make sure your application, budget, and project timeline match exactly; check your dollars and dates!
- Consult and collaborate by asking recipients for advice on your application and look for opportunities to collaborate
Contact the DHCP Team for any additional advice and guidance. We are here to support you! In addition, our Regional Ambassador is available to support Northern and Indigenous applicant organizations.
During the funding call period, we may add additional resources to this section, so check back again!
Regional Ambassador for the North and Indigenous Applicant Organizations
The DHCP Regional Ambassador provides information and practical support to assist Indigenous organizations and organizations in remote areas with their applications.
Carmen Miedema is a Nehiyaw woman and mother of four from the Peepeekisis Nation in southern Saskatchewan. She has worked for the past two years as a student research assistant at the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation, concentrating mainly on the care of the Centre’s material object collections. Ms. Miedema holds a BA (Hon.) in History and Anthropology from Brandon University, is currently finishing her MA in Archival Studies at the University of Manitoba, and is entering a PhD program in Native Studies at the University of Manitoba in the fall of 2019. Her master’s thesis looks at the need for settler archives to build relationships with Indigenous communities, and how relationships have the potential to benefit, not only the archives but also, more importantly, the communities.
To get support from the Regional Ambassador, please contact the DHCP team.
Find definitions for the terms we use frequently.
Other funding programs
Applicants may also seek funding from these federal government programs: