Effective October 3, 2004
Video - 3/4", S-VHS, VHS to VHS
- 1-30 minutes $31.80
- 31-60 minutes $34.20
- 61-90 minutes $36.60
- 91-120 minutes $39.60
Video - Betacam SP, Betacam Digital to DVD, DVCAM
- 1-30 minutes $33.40 (DVD) $71.74
- 31-60 minutes $39.20 (DVD) $103.27
- 61-90 minutes $46.80 (DVD) $137.88
- 91-120 minutes $53.60(DVD) $169.29
Video - Betacam SP, Betacam Digital to Betacam SP, Betacam Digital
- 1-10 minutes $29.20 (Betacam SP) $66.50 (Betacam Digital)
- 11-30 minutes $42.50 (Betacam SP) $96.40 (Betacam Digital)
- 31-90 minutes $109.00 (Betacam SP) $260.45 (Betacam Digital)
The unit cost includes a service charge of 20% for Library and Archives Canada to produce print masters and for other work involved in preparing the material for copying.
A surcharge of 100% will be charged for rush services.
Applicable taxes will be added to the total cost. Orders mailed outside Canada are tax exempt.
Service Standards and Terms and Conditions - Video Reproduction
Library and Archives Canada does not provide stock shot library services. Only complete documents are copied.
The following factors affect the time it takes to process an order:
- the number of items ordered;
- the need to search for additional information; and
- the workload.
Please submit your request well in advance of your deadline or choose the rush service.
For copied material (when a consultation copy exists, i.e., documents with a V1, WM or 13-number), the processing time is approximately 6 weeks from receipt of request. For uncopied material, the processing time is approximately 10 weeks.
Orders are processed within 10 workings days of receipt.
Rush service applies only if the following conditions are met:
- reference number is provided;
- consultation copies (copied material) exist and the V1, WM or 13-numbers are indicated on your request;
- copyright status and access restrictions have been established;
- access and copying restrictions do not apply or a letter of permission is included with the order;
- no more than 5 items are ordered;
- requested documents are available;
- "rush service" is indicated on the request;
- consent to pay the additional surcharge of 100% is indicated on the request; and
- prepayment is made.
Shipping will be charged according to the method of delivery, the weight and the destination. All orders will be shipped by regular mail (surface mail) unless any other method of delivery is indicated on the order, e.g., courier air or courier ground services (indicate the courier name and account number).
Method of Payment
In order to accelerate the processing of your order, it is recommended that you use the on-line Order Form for Reproductions
. When your order from LAC is complete, a link to the Receiver General Buy button will be sent to the email address you provided. You may pay the Receiver General by credit or debit card.
Cash, Interac card, credit card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express) and debit card for the Self-Serve Copying Service.
Services are contracted out to private companies; however, all orders for reproductions must be addressed directly to Library and Archives Canada and not to the supplier.
Library and Archives Canada contracts out to the following company:
Baseline Communications Inc.
2460 Lancanster Road, unit 105
Ottawa ON K1B 4S5
Telephone: 613-224-2049; (877) 529-0696 (toll free)
To Send Your Order