The Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada, in collaboration with many partners and with the support of several federal institutions, including Library and Archives Canada, will hold a conference on "Transparency for the 21st Century" from March 21 to 23.
The event in Ottawa will bring together Canadian and international experts and advocates in the fields of access to information, open government, and government transparency. Topics to be addressed include the following:
- Right to Know: International Perspectives
- The Role of the Fourth Estate
- Transparency and Indigenous Rights
- Building Transparency for the Future: the Role of Archivists and Historians
- Transparency: Open Government and the Next Generation
- Transparency and National Security: Striking the Right Balance
For more information or to register, please visit the conference website.