Comprehensive teaching strategies on the Library and Archives Canada website include detailed guidelines for educators, including learning outcomes/expectations/objectives, suggested criteria for assessment, instructions for classroom use, and worksheets.
One lesson and one activity have been developed for Library and Archives Canada's Confederation websites.
Building a Nation (Ages 11+)
In this comprehensive teaching strategy, students learn about Canada (past and present) as they renegotiate Confederation.
- Building a Nation [PDF, 108 KB]
- Sources Sheet [PDF, 69 KB]
- Student Handout 1 [PDF, 68 KB]
- Student Handout 2 [PDF, 61 KB]
- Student Handout 3 [PDF, 61 KB]
- Student Handout 4 [PDF, 68 KB]
- Student Handout 5 [PDF, 61 KB]
- Student Handout 6 [PDF, 63 KB]
- Student Handout 7 [PDF, 63 KB]
- Student Handout 8 [PDF, 60 KB]
- Student Handout 9 [PDF, 61 KB]
- Assessment Criteria [PDF, 85 KB]
Crossword Puzzle (Ages 10+)
A fun activity using Library and Archives Canada's Confederation websites.