Genealogy is a wonderful pursuit and part of lifelong learning. For some, it is an enjoyable hobby. For others, it becomes a passion.
This section explains how to start your family history research; it is specifically for those new to genealogical research.
Regardless of what your level of involvement is now or in the future, you will find information here to help you get started.
- What to do first: basic principles; gather names, document the life events; find the places where the events occurred and the dates that form the timeline in the life of your ancestor;
- Choose a strategy: decide what you want to accomplish and what approach to take;
- Find information: where to look for information on your family;
- Organize information: how to record and store the information you collect;
- Learn more: additional resources that will be helpful;
At any time, you may ask a question if you do not find the answer first in this section.
Good luck in your research!