Government of Canada Privacy Notice
- The LAC website does not automatically gather any specific personal information such as your name, phone number or email address. LAC obtains this personal information only if you supply it by email or by registering in a secure portion of the website.
- All personal information created, held or collected by LAC is protected under sections 4 to 9 of the federal Privacy Act. This means that you are asked to give your consent when personal information is being collected, you are informed of the purpose for which it is being collected, and you are told how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- LAC uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change personal information, or to otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of computers that have connected to the LAC website, the date and time of their visit and the pages visited. LAC makes no attempt to link these addresses to the identity of individuals visiting the website unless an attempt to damage it has been detected.
- Information on individual visitors is used by LAC employees who need it to respond to visitor requests or to ensure the security of the system. The personal information you give LAC is shared with another government department only if your inquiry relates to that department. LAC does not use personal information to create individual profiles, nor does it disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government. Any further disclosure of the personal information you give LAC will be in accordance with sections 4 to 9 of the federal Privacy Act.
- To effectively operate its website, LAC occasionally uses service providers external to the department. Such service providers are bound by a contract with LAC to treat any personal information they receive in a manner consistent with
Questions or comments regarding this policy or the administration of the Privacy Act
at LAC may be addressed to:Bill Wood
Access to Information, Privacy and Personnel Records Division
Library and Archives Canada
395 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N4
Telephone: 613-996-5115 / 1-866-578-7777 (toll free in Canada and the U.S.)
Use of "Cookies"
Cookies from LAC automatically expire in one year. The rejection of a cookie will not affect website performance or restrict your ability to access information on the LAC website.
LAC has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of digital reproductions on its website. However, if visitors wish to quote or interpret such materials, they should consult the original versions.
Some of the information on this website was provided by other organizations. LAC is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information provided by these organizations. Visitors wishing to rely on this information should consult the information source directly.
LAC has no control over the availability of other organizations' websites, and is not responsible for the information found on those websites. The inclusion of a link on the LAC website does not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation by LAC. Other organizations' websites linked to the LAC website are not necessarily subject to the
LAC respects the Official Languages Act and relevant Treasury Board policies. All LAC information is available in both English and French. Visitors should be aware that some information from other organizations is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Original materials presented on the LAC website, such as documents, and audio and video recordings, remain in their language of origin. LAC creates archival descriptions and catalogue records only in the original language of the item.
Copyright / Permission to Reproduce
The reproduction of material found on this website is governed by Canadian law (e.g., the Copyright Act), by policies and regulations of the Government of Canada and LAC, and by other agreements. To comply with the above, LAC makes every reasonable effort to identify the information source and to ensure that it is accurately portrayed. In specific instances, LAC notifies readers that reproducing material is prohibited without written permission.
Every reasonable effort has been made to locate copyright owners. If you identify yourself as the copyright owner of material on this website and object to its continued availability online, contact the LAC Copyright Bureau at email@example.com
Before reproducing material from the LAC website, please read important copyright information.
Information on this Web site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal or public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
Users are required to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Unless otherwise specified, this authorization is also applicable to all published information regardless of its format.